Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Cherry Bomb t-shirt tales

  1. #1
    Inactive Member KamakazeeLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I swear to God EVERY TIME I wear my white Cherry Bomb t-shirt (available at the illustrious Rocket City Records Site) people come up to me and say something. Most are like "Oh my God - no way where did you get that???" I had a convenience store clerk offer me 50 bucks for it, and when I wore it to a Joan Jett concert last November (along with my Runaways dogtag) I got a wink and a thumbs up from Joanie herself - I was in the front, she couldn't miss me - I brought along a friend who I had wear my extra shirt so we represented that night!!!!! Last weekend some idiot came up to me and said "Is she still alive?" Needless to say he almost got slapped.
    Anyone else with stories to share?

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jett Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2001
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Years back when I saw Joan at Six Flags on her Notorious tour, I wore my Runaways shirt (Black, with the "Live In Japan" album cover on it, so proudly displayed, Joan noticed it and winked and laughed...LOVE that silver jumpsuit on Cherie, and Jackie's bass on that album cover

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KWNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2001
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    My Runaways shirt ALWAYS gets appreciative comments (and sometimes fond personal reminiscences), from way downtown NYC to deepest NJ, to Columbia, SC.

    kw

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jett Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2001
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    KW,
    One of my coolest gifts this Christmas was a Runaways T-shirt i'd owned in the ninties, that ended up being stolen by an ex boyfriend. I'd looked everywhere for it again, but to no avail. This year, my friend found it at FREAKS on 8th st in the East Village (NYC) . It's the picture where Cherie is holding a can of Olde English beer, and Joan's hand is...well, you probably know the shot. It's white, I think i'm gonna dye it.......

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Inactive Member niteflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2002
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    I'm kind of disappointed now. I've been wearing my Runaways baseball cap and haven't heard one comment or question about it. forums
    Must be these East Coast people. forums

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jett Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2001
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sweetie Gord,
    Your doing a fabulous job of self expression and Runaways promotion, and if it takes the simpletons of the world longer to get it, then screw 'em! I would love to have seen the shirt you made. I always wished I knew how to do that stuff. And Niteflyer, I'm from New York, and if I ever saw you on the street in a Runaways cap I'd SCREAM and we'd go get a drink!

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SweetieGord's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2000
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    a dear friend of mine sent me a Runaways dogtag which i wear to boost confidence and esteem....when i wore it yesterday, one of the journos at work said 'man, you're obsessed'. i didn't deny it.

    in Grade 9 Drafting Class (circa 76) i made a Runaways t-shirt which really turned heads as well...

    and just recently went to a pre-christmas 'black and white' themed party and wore this tasty Runaways t-shirt for the whole god-damned world to see, but was annoyed no-one asked me about it.

    more later.

    gg

    ------------------

  8. #8
    Inactive Member niteflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2002
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Well Jett Ford, if I hear a scream the next time i'm in NYC at least i'll know who it is. forums

    ------------------

  9. #9
    Capt_Video
    Guest Capt_Video's Avatar

    Post

    OH You skinny people and T-shirts.... Well at least I got my autographed posters to show off ... altho its a hassle trying to carry it through the mall...

    ------------------
    walk in peace

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic